J & S Creationz Inspirationz

The inspiration on this blog is from my 2 young daughters Jenae and Shae-Lynn. They are the love of my life :)




Monday, February 28, 2011

Quilt Along.. Step 6

Step 6 - Quilting

Materials needed for step 6:
Sewing Machine with free motion attachment
Thread
Measuring Tool/Straight Edge
Fabric Cutter

Change your foot on your sewing machine to your free motion attachment..


Place your basted quilt under your sewing machine, rolling the edge as you get closer to the center.


once you get your needle to the center start free hand quilting in a stipple pattern.  I like to use a large to medium size stipple.  I feel the more quilting your quilt has the stiffer it is, and I like my quilts nice and soft.


Once your are completely done quilting you will have to take your straight edge and fabric cutter and cut off the backing and batting so it is even with your quilt top.


And this is it so far :)


Please comment if you have any questions :)

Stay tuned for the next step "binding"

No comments:

Post a Comment