J & S Creationz Inspirationz

The inspiration on this blog is from my 2 young daughters Jenae and Shae-Lynn. They are the love of my life :)




Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilt Along.. Step 1

Welcome to my Quilt Along!  I am doing a step by step tutorial on a lap quilt.  I hope to give very detailed descriptions for you.  The trend in quilts right now seem to have a lot of white, or light fabrics with a splash of colour. So I have designed this quilt to follow that trend!

Material and Tools needed for Step 1..
10 Fat Quarters of quilt fabric- for patchwork
1 Yard of white, or light coloured quilt fabric - for patchwork, and border
2 Yards of quilt fabric - for backing and binding
Iron
Ironing Board
Cutting Mat
Ruler
Fabric Cutter


Iron all your fat quarters and your 1 yard of white or light coloured fabric. Set aside Backing/Binding fabric for now.

From each fat quarter cut:
4 - 3" X 8" rectangles

From 1 yard of white or light fabric cut:
20 - 2 1/2" X 8" rectangles (cut 4 strips of 2 1/2" X WOF first, then cut your strips into 8" rectangles)
4 - 5" X WOF (Width of Fabric, which is about 42")



Please comment if you have any questions!

Stay tuned for the next step "block"

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I am looking forward to making this quilt someday!

    ReplyDelete